Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 16 mal aufgerufen
 Mosaik
Bellroll33 Offline

02.08.2019 10:12
lton Bulldogs on Sunday. Playing their third game in Antworten

HAMILTON, Ont. -- The effort was there, but the energy was not for the Hamilton Bulldogs on Sunday. Playing their third game in as many days, the Bulldogs were a step behind from the opening faceoff and fell 4-1 to the Chicago Wolves in American Hockey League action. Despite the result, Hamilton head coach Sylvain Lefebvre had only praise for his players, who he believed had left everything on the ice over the course of a marathon weekend. "I think we ran out of gas," said Lefebvre. "We had a very tough, physical game last night, and the guys gave everything they had. "Im proud of that group. They emptied the tank, and theyve given us some pretty good hockey so far and battled right to the end." Dimitrij Jaskin and Mark Cundari both had a goal and an assist for the Wolves (23-15-4), who won their second game in as many days while Tyler Shattock and Joel Edmundson also scored. Matt Climie made 21 saves for the win. Christian Thomas had the lone goal for the Bulldogs (20-18-4) while Robert Mayer stopped 40 shots in defeat. Hamiltons offence sputtered for much of the first period, but manufactured the games first threat 11 minute in when Jordan Owens gathered the puck along the boards and found Jarred Tinordi with a centring pass in the high slot. The defenceman drew a move from Climie as he glided to his left, but snapped his shot just over the crossbar. The Wolves produced the games opening goal after Hamiltons Gabriel Dumont was penalized for interference. Chicago peppered the Bulldogs with point shots on the power play and the final one, courtesy of Brent Regner, took a deflection onto the stick of Jaskin, who easily chipped a shot over the near shoulder of Mayer at 14:25. A costly misplay by Mayer allowed the Wolves to double their lead a minute and a half later. Shattock carried the puck along the right boards and fired a weak wrist shot toward the net with teammates headed to the crease. Mayer stopped the effort, but deflected a rebound into the air, where it clipped a defender and slid past him. Chicagos lead swelled to three goals just 1:28 into the second period, with the two teams playing 4-on-4. A giveaway in the neutral zone sprung Alexandre Bolduc, Adam Cracknell and Edmundson on a three-man break, and Edmundson took the final touch on the right wing and fired a rising wrist shot past Mayer at the far post. Less than two minutes later, the Bulldogs responded on what seemed to be a harmless rush. Thomas carried the puck into the offensive zone on the left wing with his linemates alongside him, and launched a long-range wrist shot from the top of the circle that beat Climie over the shoulder at 3:24 of the second period. Hamilton appeared to make it 3-2 when a bizarre bounce off of the glass behind the net had the puck bounce off the back of Climie and into his goal. But Bulldog centreman Maxime Macenauer was judged to have touched the puck with a high stick, and the goal was disallowed. Macenauer sought a review of the play by officials, and argued that the incident could have been pivotal for his team. "It was a really close call," he said. "I felt that (the referees) should have reviewed it. Its probably a high stick, but you never know, because I felt that I might have touched it right below the cross bar. "It would have been 3-2 at that point, and it would have changed the game." A potential turning point avoided, the Wolves increased their lead with a fourth goal at 12:02. Nathan Longpre took possession of the puck below the goal line and found an unmarked Cundari with a centring pass. He reacted quickly to snap a wrist shot over the far shoulder of Mayer. Hamilton defenceman Morgan Ellis fell awkwardly into the boards midway through the period and was slow to return to the bench with an upper-body injury. He stayed on the bench for the remainder of the period, but did not return for the third. Lefebvre had not been briefed on the severity of the injury at the time of writing, but indicated that it would likely hold Ellis out of the lineup for some time. The most promising scoring chance of the third fell to Macenauer, who weaved through Chicagos defence pairing before firing a wrist shot off Climies far post. Still pressing for consolation, the Bulldogs were denied by a highlight-reel worthy save by Climie with six and a half minutes to play. Martin St. Pierre protected the puck on the left wing and threaded a pass cross-ice to Owens, whose one-time shot was snared by the sliding Climie. Chicago went 1 for 6 on the power play while Hamilton failed to score on four chances with the man advantage. Bobby Okereke Youth Jersey . According to a report from CSN Bay Area, the 49ers are bracing for 6-8 game suspension for their outside linebacker. Khari Willis Womens Jersey .com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No. http://www.officialindianapoliscoltspro.com/Bobby-okereke-colts-jersey/ .3 seconds remaining, and No. 7 North Carolina held off a resilient No. 25 Virginia team, 54-51, on Saturday. John Henson contributed a double-double with 15 points to go with 11 rebounds for the Tar Heels (25-4, 12-2 ACC), who have won five straight and 10 of 11. Quenton Nelson Jersey . -- Those impatient for the Stanley Cup to return to Canada will have just one team to root for in the NHL playoffs -- the Montreal Canadiens. Pat McAfee Youth Jersey . Next up, the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Cleveland Browns in the AFC North. Baltimore Ravens In 2014, the 8-8 season that the Baltimore Ravens experienced was to be expected. TORONTO -- Portland Timbers captain Will Johnson capped off a career year Thursday by being named Canadas male soccer player of the year. The Toronto-born midfielder was voted to the MLS All-Star Fan XI team and named to Major League Soccer Best XI after leading the Timbers to a first-place finish in MLSs Western Conference with a 14-5-15 record. In his first year in the Pacific Northwest after five seasons with Real Salt Lake, the 26-year-old set MLS career marks in goals (9), assists (5), points (23) and minutes played (5,250). He played the full 90 minutes in all 28 regular-season appearances. Johnson called it a year "of coming into my own." "I loved having that responsibility of leading this group," he said of being given the captains armband by coach Caleb Porter. "It was a welcomed challenge for me, something I just really got excited about and it just gave me a passion to excel and take my game to the next level." Johnsons hard-nosed play and leadership won admirers around the league, with Toronto FC casting envious eyes at him during the season. He is the 14th winner of the award and the third from MLS ranks, following Dwayne De Rosario and Pat Onstad. Atiba Hutchinson was runner-up in voting by Canadian media, coaches and clubs. Midfielders Patrice Bernier of the Montreal Impact and Russell Teibert of the Vancouver Whitecaps were third and fourth, respectively. On the national team front, Johnson was part of Canadas CONCACAF Gold Cup squad but was sent home early due to illness. He had one assist in three appearances for Canada, with club duties restricting his time with the national team. Johnson said he looks forward to spending more time with the Canadian team, which is in a period of transition under new coach Benito Flores. Born to English parents, Johnson holds Canadian, American and English citizenship. He moved to England as an infant and then came to the Chicago arrea at the age of 10.dddddddddddd After spending 2005 with the Chicago Fire, he went to Europe where he played for Heerenveen and De Graafschap in the Netherlands. Johnson says he is enjoying Portland and MLS but would be open to the right opportunity. "Id love to stay here, Im very happy here but Im not tied down here for too long so well see," he told a media conference call. "I do feel I have the quality to play in Europe but I also have a young family now." he added. "It has to be the right situation. Going to Scandinavia does not interest me. Top leagues in Europe would interest me but other than that, at my age with a young family, MLS is a great league. I very much enjoy playing here, I enjoy being an ambassador for the league. I love being part of the growth of this league. "So it would have to be something very special to entice me to leave a league I very much enjoy playing in." After beating archrival Seattle, Portland lost to Real Salt Lake in the Western Conference final. Real Salt Lake also ousted the Timbers in the semifinal of the U.S. Open Cup. "Weve got to take that next step now," Johnson said of Portland. "We set the platform and the minimum requirements that we all expect out of ourselves. I think that hunger will translate over to next year. "On a positive note, we now have guys who have played in the playoffs, have won a playoff series, have experienced what its like to get in there ... This will not be an acceptable season next year, thats for sure. The bars been set." Canadas female player of the year will be announced Friday with national team captain Christine Sinclair a favourite to claim the award for a 10th straight year and 11th overall. Dylan Carreiro and Kadeisha Buchanan were earlier named under-20 players of the year. Marco Carducci and Sura Yekka took under-17 honours. The awards are sponsored by BMO. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz